Friday, July 1, 2011

DAY ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY TWO

Day 182/365: A Gift of Precious Stones


I was pleasantly surprised to receive this lovely gift in the mail tonight. It's a bracelet of semi-precious stones. From its description, each stone is said to possess different properties to promote areas of life.

Clear Quartz - Master Healer
Orange Calcite - Cleansing
Jade - Prosperity
Sodalite - Meditation
Hematite - Self Esteem
Carnelian - Motivation
Aventurine - Perseverance
Amethyst - Spirituality
Rose Quartz - Unconditional Love

Setup:
I taped a white piece of paper to a piece of glass. I flipped a chair stool upside down and sat the piece of glass on bottom of the legs of the stool. I positioned the bracelet in the middle of the glass and used black construction paper to on the sides of the glass to prevent flash spill through the uncovered part.

Strobist Info:
- SB-600, 14mm, 1/16 power, bare, handheld below the bracelet, fired with Alienbees Cybersyncs
- LP160, 35mm, 1/2 power, thru shoot thru umbrella, camera right

I don't like that it's a little darker on the right side than on the left but through my 365, I hope to get better with my lighting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation but please, let's keep it clean and friendly. :)