Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cool Group Photo

Cool Group Portrait

In April 2010, I met up with some other amateur photographers on Flickr to do a photowalk in Santa Barbara at the SB Harbor.  We walked along the breakwater sharing stories and snapping away.  As we were leaving, I noticed that all of us walked past this window that gave off great reflections and thought, what a great photo opportunity for a cool group portrait!  In this photo, we didn't plan for us to all have our cameras up at the same time.  I was actually the only one who caught all of us with our cameras up.

The Lonely Bench

This is another one of my favorite photos I took during the photowalk.  I have such a deep connection with this picture because I'm an observer.  An open chair, bench, stool, or spot on the wall is always an open invitation for me to observe and think.  It's like meditation for me.  Some people need a book or other devices to let their mind travel, wander, or escape but all I need is a comfortable place to rest and the thoughts and questions flood my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation but please, let's keep it clean and friendly. :)