Monday, January 3, 2011

DAY THREE

Day 003/365 [01-03-2011]: I flip my hair back and forth!

Gosh, I really wrecked my brain trying to figure out what to photograph today. Then I remembered that I needed to wash my hair today so I figured why not have some hair flipping fun. The process pretty much went like this:

- Wash my hair in the shower
- Wrap my hair in a t-shirt so I don't drip water on all my gear
- Put some of the world's hardest water in a bottle to keep rewetting my hair
- Set up the camera and the flash
- Take some test shots
- Rewet my hair
- Flip my hair over and over again while pressing the remote
- Ignore the pain from my hair slapping me in the face
- Stand straight up and stop feeling dizzy before walking over to the camera to check the shots

I couldn't wait to get back to the computer to post process my fun hair flipping shots. I hardly ever delete a shot in camera (unless it's an obvious flop) because all the photos look much different on a computer screen than they do on the mini camera displays. Even after all of that, I still wasn't pleased with the shots. Go figure!

I had to take a break from the photos, come back and take another look at them before I really started loving them...I blame it on only getting a few hours of sleep last night. So I needed time to recharge before I could throw myself back into the post processing.

I went for hard light for this photo. The SB-600 was positioned directly to the left of the camera and set at 80mm at 1/4 power. It was also fitted with a snoot. In photoshop, I brought up the shadows a bit and added a cooling filter and a black and white filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation but please, let's keep it clean and friendly. :)